Saturday 4 August 2012

The joy of doodling

I have had a week where I've been totally unable to focus at work - drifting off into daydreams, doodling on post-it notes and sketching out lettering. I'm usually a goody two-shoes at work; terrified of being accused of slacking off, I tend to be self-disciplined and diligent to the point of being antisocial and so being totally unable to summon any enthusiasm was annoying.

Weirdly, the only thing I have had any urge to do is, wait for it... DRAW STUFF ON MS PAINT. I furtively drew portraits and silly sketches based on stuff that had happened at work.

The only reason I can attribute to this sudden urge to draw on MS Paint is that fairly recently I was introduced to Hyberbole and a Half, (if you haven't heard of it, have a look).

Anyway, yesterday I was also really tired, which did not help with the lack of motivation problem. So I drew this:


And it made me happy. Even though it was stupid, it was fun to make something. Then I thought of this abandoned blog and that's why I'm back.

No comments: