Saturday 14 April 2007

14 things i did today (and some other things I saw)

I did an exercise video, (well some of it) had a shower, a smoothie, some water and some toast.


I sat in front of my computer.


I made a bandage with blu tack. I wrapped it around my thumb so it reminded me of Mr. Bump.


I made a face in the blu tack.

I drew on an eraser to try to get the pen to work.


It didn't.


I made myself a salad with what was in the fridge: spinach, sundried tomatoes and sliced egg.


I went into town on a bus and listened to an Australian girl tell her boyfriend how much she needed coffee.


I went to the market and got there just as the farmer was shutting down her meat stall. I bought some sausages - pork and ginger.


Everyone seemed to be shutting down early today - I think because the Grand National was due to start at 4.15.


The man at the fruit and veg stall was very jolly today. He was selling bananas for 50p and teasing a woman who was about 10 years too young for him. She didn't seem to mind though. Maybe he's always jolly and I hadn't noticed? He always wears a silly colourful hat anyway.
I quite wanted to stay in town and strike up conversation with random people - I used to be good at that but I'm shyer these days. Besides, the sausages felt as if they were cooking in the heat, so I went home.


The journey home is always quicker than the journey to town. Has anyone else noticed that?



I watched crackly live streaming of the Grand National on the bbc website. I've never watched it before! I'd placed a bet on two horses. Neither came close but it didn't matter - it was still exciting to watch, even with the footage stopping every two minutes to re-buffer. For a while, a riderless horse - a white one - was leading the group. I thought how wonderful it would be if it won the Grand National all on it's own! It reminded me of the scene in Amelie where a horse is loose, running alongside the Tour de France, (I think). I felt sorry for the horses at the end - they'd all slowed right down as if they were exhausted and really didn't want to run anymore. Only 13 horses out of 40 completed the race. Watching the interview with the winning jockey and trainer, I was surprised and a little embarrased to find I was welling up.


I read some work-related articles.


I rang my Mum.


I watched the kitten in the window opposite clawing at the glass. She did the same thing yesterday. She's determined she'll find a way out one of these days.


I sat in the back yard with a cold drink and some reading. An ant came to see what the book was.


I made dinner. Garlic chicken, potato wedges and tenderstem brocolli. (The latter of which I cannot spell.) I made enough for two by mistake.


My boyfriend called and I don't know why I didn't tell him - but I was so pleased to hear his voice, I almost knocked my dinner off my lap diving for the phone. He's only been away a day and a half yet the only thing I didn't include on the list is the thing I did most frequently - miss him.


I'm staying up late tonight to do some of the work I failed to do today!






they say love hurts...

No comments: