Saturday 15 November 2008

Two halves to every whole

Time on my own on a Saturday is the worst time because I have all this unstructured time and my head starts ticking, it won’t let me relax; the voice nags, you have to do this, then that, and you haven’t even done this yet…  I can never find things, it slows me down more.  I wander our small flat with bedraggled damp hair and one eye made up.  Where is it?  I have to get out of here, go for a walk, clear my head.  But there’s wet clothes in the washing machine, and mud on the floor – I’ll just sort that first.  And empty the bin.  I must get some credit for my phone while I’m out…  and so it goes on. 

I need a shift in my thinking…

Think of all the things I can do today!  Saturday is the best day.  I wake up late, around 10.30, get showered, put the washing load on, do the tasks I’ve been meaning to do for ages like re-pot the plants.  Soil goes everywhere, but it doesn’t matter because I have time to clear it up.  I look in the mirror, my skin looks a little fresher today for the extra sleep.  I’m not ready to leave the house til 1pm today but that’s good because my skin has chance to breathe before I pile the foundation on…  I know I should really get some study done at some point today, but I think I’ll go for a walk first, get some fresh air, blow the cobwebs away…

No comments: